Thursday, May 24, 2012

Customize Blogger Navbar, Change Background Color and Image

Recently, I wrote a post about hiding blogger navbar. At that time, some ideas came to my mind and I have done some experiments about changing navbar color and adding background image. Through template designer we can choose only limited no. of colors, may be 5 to 6 only. Now we can do some customization with navbar. Bloggers can choose the best matching color to the template and can use image as a background to make it looking cool, professional and part of a blog. This customization trick is very simple and easy to use, based on css code.

Changing Background Color

1-To change background color go to Html Editor and Expend Template.

2-Search the following code.

]]></b:skin>

Now paste the following css code before the searched code.

#navbar-iframe
background-color: red;
}


You can choose any color instead of red, for example “ #04C40B ”

Now preview template and save it.

Adding Background Image

Repeat 1st and 2nd step.

Now put the following css code before the searched code.

#navbar-iframe {
background-image: url(https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWArc1-9EzZO6RH3ucOBQ6NF8bJ_hIotR-1yfDufu0sFuR-mgAi0umjkRIJAweEvQZzi5TIUkIoaTYYEhdhT12Z5aDeTga_yOSyfbwgMmqu2Z36Wk78vk24K_AsuTVXrOSdvDYp-VkCkbn/h120/nbg.gif);
background-color: transparent;
background-repeat-x: repeat;
background-repeat-y: no-repeat;
background-size: 30px 30px;
}


Now save the template and you have done.

Below is how navbar will looks like.

Output after changing background image


This is the image we have used:
image used as a background

And url of this image is:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWArc1-9EzZO6RH3ucOBQ6NF8bJ_hIotR-1yfDufu0sFuR-mgAi0umjkRIJAweEvQZzi5TIUkIoaTYYEhdhT12Z5aDeTga_yOSyfbwgMmqu2Z36Wk78vk24K_AsuTVXrOSdvDYp-VkCkbn/h120/nbg.gif

You can use any image as a back ground, just change the image url ( Marked with red color) in the css code.
I hope you will like this trick.

10 comments:

Web Designer Pitampura said...

I want to say thanks to you for this awesome post..Readers will definitely get some useful knowledge from here..

Cathy said...

I tried this and I could find the code! It just ended up putting the code on where the navbar is suppose to be! HELP!

Web Design Delhi said...

Interesting. Your instructions look clear but I'm not very good at this so I hope this will work well for me. Thanks for the tips!

Service Tax Registration Delhi said...

These tips proved very useful for me and for this, I really want to mention thanks for sharing it with us.

Web Development Delhi said...

Hi, Really great effort. Everyone should read this article. Thanks for sharing.

Web Development Delhi said...

Interesting. Your instructions look clear but I'm not very good at this so I hope this will work well for me. Thanks for the tips!

Web Development Delhi said...

Great article. Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

Company Registration Delhi said...

That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

Water Park in Delhi NCR said...

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

Start Business in Delhi said...

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.